Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Realtor says "HUD won't counter offer, they only accept or reject" - doesn't sound right. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realtor says "HUD won't counter offer, they only accept or reject" - doesn't sound right.

Does HUD do the whole offer-counteroffer thing? The realtor that is handling the HUD listing said that HUD will either accept or reject my bid tomorrow. I am at about 70% of asking price (I wrote about this place in a thread last week).

Nate stated he gets a counter offer and others did as well. Is this realtor just giving me the brushoff here?

Re:Realtor says "HUD won't counter offer, they only accept or reject" - doesn't sound right.

you wont necessarily get a counter. just keep after it until you get an acceptance or someone else buys it. a counter will just give you a better idea where you stand. maybe the realtor just never has seen a counter from HUD. not sure if you are dealing with the hud listing agent or someone else. here there is really no advantage to dealing with the listing agent. feel free to look-up local hud registered agents and talk with them/have them submit the offer.

-chad

Comment

Re:Realtor says "HUD won't counter offer, they only accept or reject" - doesn't sound right.

I'm in Florida and what your agent told you is true here. HUD will not counter. If your offer is accepted, you'll know by 10 AM the next morning, assuming it's gone to "Daily." If your offer is rejected, you won't hear anything from them.

I've gotten my best (only) deals from HUD when the property has been listed for a while and the listing states "Price Reduced Best Offer Will Be Considered."

It's mostly a waiting game with them.

Bill (FL)

Comment

I think it depends on the area or state. I get counters on almost every offer that we put in. I just countered with HUD on the same house 3 times and finally got my offer accepted today.

1 or 2 years ago we would only get a reject or acceptance. Not anymore.

Nate-WI

Comment

This is the case in most places. Counter offers are a new phenomenon from HUD and it appears that it is not across the board, but with some management companies.

Comment

Got my offer accepted...no counter

Guess that answers that question. WOOHOOO!!!! I'm going to follow Nate's model and try to market in the 60 day closing period and sell it quickly upon closing. This is a clean place. Needing only slight sprucing up.

Comment

Working...
            X