X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if the seller of a listed property contacts you

and says make an offer to me, if i like it i'll cancel my listing and buy from you, do you

A. make offer and sign contract while it's listed
    or
    B. ask seller to cancel listing so you can make offer after?

and why?

Thanks in advance guys

The Seller has a contract with the Realtor. ( A Realtor can legally go after his commission if he finds out the seller went behind his back and who knows you may have a target on your back as well)

if you get involved with either A or B you may be jeopardizing your reputation for a seller that wants to save a few $$$.

Be carefull not to burn any bridges...this is a small world (specially the REI)

Can't tell you what to do, but me!! I would present the offer to the Realtor.

L.Souza-GA

Comment

Thanks for the advice

That was my thinking as well. I told the seller that I cannot make a offer directly to them while it's listed and if they want an offer from me to them and not their agent they would have to cancel the listing. They said they would and the next day i see a price reduction on the listing that would net them what they asked me to buy it for.

Originally posted by L.Souza-GA View Post
      The Seller has a contract with the Realtor. ( A Realtor can legally go after his commission if he finds out the seller went behind his back and who knows you may have a target on your back as well)

if you get involved with either A or B you may be jeopardizing your reputation for a seller that wants to save a few $$$.

Be carefull not to burn any bridges...this is a small world (specially the REI)

Can't tell you what to do, but me!! I would present the offer to the Realtor.

L.Souza-GA

Comment

Working...
      X